Today, we are driving to our "French Country" vacation spots and I am taking the opportunity to re-type yesterday's blog. Which means I'll post two today.
Yesterday was another great day. Here is what we did....

Waiting to take a ride to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

That is a long way up!

Going up...

On the second level heading for the top...

The elevator ride made me a little wobbly in the knees so I did my best not to look down. Here we are at the tippy-top.


That is A LONG way down! (Makes me feel a little off balance just looking at the photo.)

Back to the second level. From here we enjoyed a long walk down to the ground level.

"Tour guide Gary.). ;). He is awesome.

Crazy firemen climbing the tower. He is passed the second level in this picture.

Eating lunch in the Jardin des Tuileries. The pigeons ate bread off of Gary's shoe.


After lunch we walked up to Musee de l'Orangerie to admire Claude Monet's "Waterlillies". I think this was my favorite part of any Museum we visited. Beautiful!

Jenn and Dave enjoying the one non-nude painting in the gallery. (I'm kidding. There was probably one more, maybe.)

Outside the Opera Garnier.

The Golden statues at the top of the house were a great contrast to the sky. Pretty, huh?

Took the metro to Sacre Couer. Very pretty chapel. A lot of steps to walk in the heat of the day. ;)

We toured the local street markets. Many artist displaying their works. A little too expensive for me to buy any art, but Jenn found an affordable artist who cut her silhouette out for $10 euro.

Here's the final result. Cute.

Very long and confusing trip through the train station to find our car rental. After working out a bit of a parking problem, we were off. Driving in Paris is an experience I do not have words to describe. After we survived our trip home (kudos to Gary on good driving) we ate a delicious dinner at Tribeca. Then we ended our day where it began...

at the Eiffel Tower. Sunset. A tripod would have been awesome to have at this moment.

Every night they twinkle to lights of the tower every hour on the hour.

Did you know I have the ability to make my tummy look prego? Well, I do. I found tonight it was even easier to do with a loose sweater and five days worth of eating pastries four times a day! :). I know, it's impressive...just one of my many useless talents. ;)

Love.

Walked through the park,

then through the streets of our neighborhood,

past the busy restaurants and bars, to our Paris home.
What a fun filled week in Paris!
On our way to Versailles and beyond today.
No comments:
Post a Comment